We are looking for a well experienced Business or Marketing Director to work closely with the senior team of Directors at Ignite.
You will be responsible for planning the holistic and integrated marketing for some of our largest clients in the agency. We’re looking for somebody with a solid understanding of broad, integrated strategic marketing, who can bring together our in-house teams of specialists in brand, creative, digital and technology to create outstanding solutions for our clients and to help them achieve their business objectives.
Ignite’s core client base is hospitality, so we’re looking for somebody who loves the hospitality market and has a real excitement and passion for restaurants, pubs, hotels, food, drink and interesting experiences. Increasingly we’re expanding into other industries; education, luxury goods and technology solutions, so B2C marketing is at our heart and creating amazing experiences for our client’s customers is our aim.
You must be able to work independently, but also with a wide range of specialists within the team, who you will consult, guide and work closely with to develop ideas, strategies and implement these successfully.
You’ll have a very good understanding of digital marketing techniques, brand strategy and creative concepts. You’ll need the ability to understand data and challenge our specialists to get the best from them, as well as have a great imagination and an adventurous spirit to continue to push the boundaries.
This is a very client facing role so you’ll be confident and comfortable talking to clients, including high level marketing directors and senior leaders client-side, challenging them and presenting your plans with authority. You’ll be proactive in spending time with our clients and immersing yourself in their world in order to glean an intimate knowledge of their businesses, their challenges, objectives and needs so that you have a clear vision for each of your clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategic online and offline comms planning
- Immersing and researching to fully understand a clients’ objectives (business, brand and marketing)
- Running immersion and consultation workshops with clients
- Working with specialist teams to develop ideas and approaches
- Staying up to date with digital marketing technologies
- Having a finger on the pulse of the hospitality world – the market, trends, the restaurant scene
- Being very commercially aware – tuned in to financial challenges of clients and able to approach work with realistic ROI goals to deliver tangible results and value for clients
- Lead pitches and writing proposals to help win new business from current clients
- Writing integrated strategic marketing plans & presenting to clients
- Solid understanding of digital and design applications
- Spot opportunities for growth with clients and works with wider team and CMO to grow accounts and agency revenue
- Progressive and ahead of the curve – an expansive thinker
- Pulls together reports, working with input from specialists, and present to clients
- Provides marketing consultancy to clients via email, calls, in-person meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- As above, plus:
- Minimum 5+ years marketing experience, ideally with at least 1 year in a senior planner / senior marketing role
- Senior Marketing Manager/Director level delivering digitally-focused marketing
- Agency experience essential
- Fluent standard of written and spoken English skills
- Experience working with hospitality clients a benefit
- Develop and lead teams, inspiring best in class working practices
- Be open-minded and sociable with a lively personality to enjoy working alongside our our bubbly and dynamic international team
- Laptop provided
- 26 days paid holiday plus Bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working considered, ability to travel to London on occasion preferred
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Pension scheme