We’re looking for a creative, strategic and adaptable organic social media specialist to join our marketing department. Reporting into the Digital Strategy Director, this person will first and foremost LOVE food and drink and have a genuine passion and excitement for all things social.
Working in collaboration with the wider organic social team and marketing department there will be a variety of clients and projects you will be working on and taking ownership over, so you must be self motivated and able to work independently.
As well as a very good understanding of social and digital marketing techniques, a solid knowledge of brand and content strategy will be important. This role is about creating and executing amazing organic social media strategies and content for our clients, making sure all content is industry-leading and that social channels are being used effectively to achieve marketing objectives.
You’ll work on hospitality and F&B accounts globally, and across the spectrum of the industry from fine-dining, Michelin-starred restaurants, to community pubs, to big drinks brands, to events and catering companies, to fast food outlets. There are also some non-hospitality clients you’ll work on in Education, Retail and Tech. So you must have the ability to understand different sectors and audiences and different brand positioning, creative style and tone of voice. You need to be adaptable and able to come up with exciting, fresh ideas and incredible content across all of those accounts.
You’ll lead in the conceptualisation and collaborate in the production of original content for clients, including photography, videography and, working closely alongside our design team, animation, as well as producing content from assets provided by clients using basic design skills. It’ll be your responsibility to ensure that all content is on brand and on point.
We want somebody who can own our clients social media channels and content from start to finish: from briefing, strategy, conceptualisation, planning and editing and will be able to liaise with clients and manage your own time throughout.
You will also be required to work alongside other specialist photographers and videographers – perhaps production agencies or freelancers – on longer -form content and you’ll be involved in sourcing, briefing and working with them to get the required end result.
You will also be responsible for post planning, content calendars and scheduling and caption-copywriting, as well as community management.
You’ll need to have excellent working knowledge of Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop as well as social tools like Canva and Sprout. You will have close links with our in-house design team and will work with them on social adverts and other digital assets where needed.
We need somebody with their finger on the social pulse – you’ll have up to the minute knowledge of new tools, techniques and features on Social – and know how to apply these to clients to build their brands.
This is a client facing role so you’ll be confident and comfortable talking to clients, including high level marketing directors and brand managers in a knowledgeable and authoritative way.
You’ll be proactive in spending time with our clients and immersing yourself in their world in order to glean an intimate knowledge of their business.
Some clients may become your sole responsibility over time so you’re responsible for servicing them well, always delivering top-quality work, getting great results and keeping them happy!
You’ll also help to produce content for the Ignite social feeds and work on internal initiatives to enhance Ignite’s presence and reputation in the industry.
We’re looking for somebody who loves and has real excitement and passion for restaurants, pubs, hotels, food, drink and interesting experiences!
- Working independently in leading the organic social media strategies for our clients to achieve their brand and marketing objectives.
- Growing and managing our clients organic social media channels and community – from strategy and concepting to content planning, scheduling and community management.
- Having up to the minute knowledge of all the social media platforms, staying on top of trends, new features and ensuring you’re always the content expert in the room
- Providing specialist social media content consultancy to our clients, and to the rest of the Ignite team when needed
- Producing monthly content plans for clients across all social media platforms – able to work agiley when needed, as things often change in the world of hospitality
- Content production: basic creation and editing of original photo and video content for or with our clients; working with assets provided by client or sometimes sourcing stock images, using apps like Canva, Adobe XD and Aftereffects to ensure high quality; and occasionally working in collaboration with our in-house design team
- Writing copy lines and caption-copy when needed
- Managing clients’ social accounts – posting on stories and feeds, writing captions and some community management
- Contributing with fresh and exciting social media ideas and engagement tactics, always thinking about how to use content in a innovative way to drive results for our clients
- Attend influencer events at client venues to capture content
- Work with the CMO, Creative Director and Head of Design on content for Ignite and Fuse (our tech company)
Required Skills & Experience
- As above, plus:
- Excellent working knowledge of Sprout Social
- Excellent working knowledge of Canva and similar apps
- Good working knowledge of Google suite
- Excellent standard of written English skills
- Verbal fluency and confidence
- Be open-minded and sociable with a lively personality
- Organised, assertive, self starter – lots of initiative
Beneficial though not essential:
- Agency experience
- Basic knowledge of digital tools like Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics an advantage
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe XD