We are looking for a well-experienced Project Manager to drive our client’s projects through the agency, in the most skilled and efficient manner. Working closely alongside our marketing, digital, strategy, design and development specialists, our PMs are responsible for delivering all live client works to timeline and budget, following a diligent approach and well structured process.
As a PM you’ll be a central force, in control of Ignite’s engine – ensuring the work we produce is to an exceptionally high standard and that exceed our client’s expectations. You’ll need to be able to take on an authoritative stance, operating with credibility and respect to own the delivery of all project works.
This role reports to the Head of Project Management, working within a PM team of 4, each with their own portfolio of clients. So we’re looking for an experienced PM with the ability to work confidently and run projects independently but working with a team-first approach and offering support to other PMs when necessary.
The role requires a confident, organised, analytical, pro-active and versatile person – you’ll be responsible for keeping your projects on track, keeping clients well informed, staying one step ahead and problem solving when curveballs inevitably hit. You’ll need loads of energy and be able to remain positive and in-control even when juggling deadlines under considerable pressure.
We’re looking for someone that has the ability to use both sides of the brain – both analytical and creative – to achieve successful projects and long term client retention. You should have a wide knowledge of digital project work; mainly campaign processes, website development and be comfortable voicing your opinions during collaboration with the project team.
Although outwardly you will take on a skilled PM-pure role, internally your creative/intuitive feedback will add value to the work being produced.
The ideal candidate should naturally be in their comfort zone when managing and coordinating people; able to communicate with ease, provide confident client counsel, deal with difficult situations, and lead meetings independently & efficiently.
The role will include:
Ownership of your clients
It’s your responsibility to ensure your clients achieve success. You will work across the teams with the planner, creatives, marketing specialists and developers. Acting as the glue that holds these teams together. Whilst the other specialists are responsible for their areas, the success and failure of a project overall will often rest on your ability to drive the project forwards with the right skill and focus.
Getting the best from specialist teams
Getting the best from the specialist teams and taking on responsibility for the final ‘quality control’ stamp of approval. Our specialist teams are responsible for delivering their own work, and will always be held accountable, but you will be instrumental in ensuring the output is of a high standard.
Pushing the teams to produce the highest quality, challenging when you don’t think the work is of a good enough standard and involving yourself at the right times in each stage of the project. A high knowledge of each specialist area will be crucial to being successful at this.
Create clear project plans for each of your clients, mapping out the timelines and dependencies for each piece of activity. You will drive a multitude of different project types from phase to phase, ensuring the client is kept up to date at each key milestone and is clear on what’s expected from them.
You’ll chair project kick-off meetings and regular milestone meetings, bringing the team together to ensure the projects are kept on track.
You’ll often be a centre point in clients comms, and it’s essential this is controlled effectively and with authority. You will be in charge of ensuring the new ways of working are embedded, holding a clear and well respected line is crucial.
Clients will come to you with requests for new work. Your role is to extract appropriate information from them and work with Ops to arrange a scoping meeting with the specialist teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years project delivery at management level
- Good working knowledge of digital with a background of PM’ing website/app builds
- Strong understanding of requirements and lifecycle for other typical digital projects such as: organic social media, paid digital advertising, CRM/email campaigns, SEO projects
- Appreciation and passion for great creative works; PM’ing brand strategy and brand development projects a benefit
- Excellent project management skills, able to:
- deliver complex projects within timeline and budget
- manage and prioritise delivery of simultaneous projects effectively
- produce project plans; manage workload and keep production on-track
- maintain momentum on the project, with a talent for pushing the project along – keeping everything on track
- A general interest in and genuine enthusiasm for marketing & web technology, specifically marketing in the digital space
- Experience of writing functional & technical specifications as well as creating detailed sitemaps and wireframes
- Be a highly organised, proactive individual with a keen eye for detail and able to work in a team and independently
- Be commercially minded to ensure projects stay on track in terms of budget and agency hours spent
- Experience using project management tools & Google Suite
- Agency experience preferred
- Laptop provided
- Hybrid working, with office in Kings Cross and membership card to shared office spaces throughout London
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas/NY shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working will be considered
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Pension scheme
- Regular team socials
How to apply
At Ignite we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace and believe that diversity drives our creativity and innovation. We are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We therefore actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.