We’re looking for a creative and adaptable social media content creator to join our Creative department. Reporting into the Head of Design, this person will first and foremost LOVE food and drink and have a genuine passion and excitement for all things social.
Working in collaboration with our social media specialists, design team and wider marketing team there will be a lot of mobile work, based in and around our clients’ businesses, so you must be self motivated and able to work independently.
As well as a very good understanding of social and digital marketing techniques, a solid knowledge of brand and content strategy will be important. This role is about creating amazing content for our clients, making sure all content is industry-leading and that social channels are being used effectively to achieve marketing objectives.
You’ll work on hospitality and F&B accounts globally, and across the spectrum of the industry from fine-dining, Michelin-starred restaurants, to community pubs, to big drinks brands, to events and catering companies, to fast food outlets. There are also some non-hospitality clients you’ll work on in Education, Retail and Tech. So you must have the ability to understand different sectors and audiences and different brand positioning and creative styles. You need to be adaptable and able to come up with exciting, fresh ideas and incredible content across all of those accounts.
You’ll produce original content for clients, including photography, videography and, working closely alongside our design team, animation, as well as producing content from assets provided by clients. It’ll be your responsibility to work with the lead designers to ensure that all content is on brand and on point.
We want somebody who can own content production from start to finish: from briefing, conceptualisation, planning and production and be able to liaise with clients and manage your time efficiently throughout. It’s important that you are a versatile creator – you will be asked to shoot everything from portraits in the studio to action shots in the kitchen. It’s essential that you are able to shoot in a hybrid way to get both video content and photography within the time frame of the shoot.
Putting together a shoot plan, organising locations and logistics, doing the photography or videography and later editing it will all be down to you, so we need a really organised self-starter, who can deal with the ever-changing nature of hospitality businesses. You’ll be assertive enough to make sure you get what you need and that may often mean working collaboratively with others to ensure you get what you need when you need it.
You will also be required to work alongside other specialist photographers and videographers – perhaps production agencies or freelancers – on longer -form content and you’ll be involved in sourcing, briefing and working with them to get the required end result.
You’ll need to have excellent working knowledge of Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro as well as social tools like Canva and Sprout (could be beneficial but absolutely not necessary). You will have close links with our in-house design team and will work with them on social adverts and other digital assets where needed.
We need somebody with their finger on the social pulse – you’ll have up to the minute knowledge of new tools, techniques and features on social media – and know how to apply these to clients to build their brands.
This is a client facing role so you’ll be confident and comfortable talking to clients, including high level marketing directors and brand managers in a knowledgeable and authoritative way. You’ll be proactive in spending time with our clients and immersing yourself in their world in order to glean an intimate knowledge of their business.
Some clients may become your sole responsibility over time so you’re responsible for servicing them well, always delivering top-quality work, getting great results and keeping them happy!
You’ll also help to produce content for the Ignite social feeds and work on internal initiatives to enhance Ignite’s presence and reputation in the industry.
We’re looking for somebody who loves and has real excitement and passion for restaurants, pubs, hotels, food, drink and interesting experiences! Professionalism is key being at the forefront of Ignite, so we’d need someone that is enthusiastic and cares deeply about creating standout content for their clients.
- Producing content for all social media channels – predominantly Insta, FB and TikTok – including photography, videography, static images and all the various different creative formats the social channels support.
- Having up to the minute knowledge of all the social media platforms, staying on top of trends, new features and ensuring you’re always the content expert in the room
- Providing specialist social media content consultancy to our clients, and to the rest of the Ignite team when needed
- Content production: independently shooting original photo and video content for or with our clients; working with assets provided by client or sometimes sourcing stock images; and occasionally working in collaboration with our in-house design team
- Contributing with fresh and exciting social media ideas and engagement tactics, always thinking about how to use content in a innovative way to drive results for our clients
- Attend influencer events at client venues to capture content
- Work with the CMO, Creative Director and Head of Design on content for Ignite and Fuse (our tech company)
Required Skills & Experience
- As above, plus:
- Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro
- Ability to adapt to challenging lighting scenarios and ability to work with both ambient light as well as strobes and continuous video lights
- Excellent knowledge of mirrorless cameras and lenses
- Good working knowledge of Google suite
- Excellent standard of written English skills
- Verbal fluency and confidence
- Be open-minded and sociable with a lively personality
- Organised, assertive, self starter – lots of initiative
Beneficial though not essential:
- Agency experience
- Working knowledge of sound equipment
- Working knowledge of Sprout Social
- Working knowledge of Canva and similar apps
- Basic knowledge of digital tools like Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics an advantage
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe XD