Our Social Media Executive will be a creative, strategic and adaptable organic social media specialist working within our marketing department. Working under the Social Media Managers, this person will first and foremost LOVE food and drink and have a genuine passion and excitement for all things social.
Working in collaboration with the wider organic social team and marketing department there will be a variety of clients and projects you will be working on and taking ownership over, so you must be self motivated and able to work independently.
As well as a very good understanding of social and digital marketing techniques, a solid knowledge of brand and content strategy will be important. This role is about creating and executing amazing organic social media strategies and content for our clients, making sure all content is industry-leading and that social channels are being used effectively to achieve marketing objectives.
You’ll work on hospitality and F&B accounts globally, and across the spectrum of the industry from fine-dining, Michelin-starred restaurants, to community pubs, to big drinks brands, to events and catering companies, to fast food outlets. There are also some non-hospitality clients you’ll work on in Education, Retail and Tech. So you must have the ability to understand different sectors and audiences and different brand positioning, creative style and tone of voice. You need to be adaptable and able to come up with exciting, fresh ideas and incredible content across all of those accounts.
You’ll assist in the conceptualisation and collaborate in the production of original content for clients, including photography, videography and, working closely alongside our design team, animation, as well as producing content from assets provided by clients using basic design skills. It’ll be your responsibility to ensure that all content is on brand and on point.
We want somebody who can support our client’s social media channels and content from start to finish: from briefing, strategy, conceptualisation, planning and editing and will be able to liaise with clients and manage your own time throughout. As an Executive we recognise that you might need development in some of these areas, but that will be given in the hope that you can develop these skills to start to work more independently.
You will also be required to work alongside specialist photographers and videographers – both our in-house Content Creator but also perhaps production agencies or freelancers – on longer-form content and you’ll be involved in sourcing, briefing and working with them to get the required end result.
You will also be responsible for planning content calendars, scheduling and caption-copywriting, as well as daily community management.
You’ll need to have a working knowledge of online marketing tools such as Canva, Sprout Social and Later. You will have close links with our in-house design team and will work with them on social adverts and other digital assets where needed.
We need somebody with their finger on the social pulse – you’ll have up to the minute knowledge of new tools, techniques and features on Social – and know how to apply these to clients to build their brands.
This will grow into a client-facing role, and some clients may become your sole responsibility over time so you’re responsible for servicing them well, always delivering top-quality work, getting great results and keeping them happy!
You’ll also help to produce content for the Ignite social feeds and work on internal initiatives to enhance Ignite’s presence and reputation in the industry.
We’re looking for somebody who loves and has real excitement and passion for restaurants, pubs, hotels, food, drink and interesting experiences!
- Growing and managing our clients organic social media channels and community – from strategy and concepting to content planning, scheduling and community management.
- Having up to the minute knowledge of all the social media platforms, staying on top of trends, new features and ensuring you’re always the content expert in the room.
- Providing specialist social media content consultancy to our clients, and to the rest of the Ignite team when needed.
- Producing monthly content plans for clients across all social media platforms – able to work with agility when needed, as things often change in the world of hospitality.
- Content production: basic creation and editing of original photo and video content for or with our clients; working with assets provided by client or sometimes sourcing stock images, using apps like Canva, Adobe XD and Aftereffects to ensure high quality; and occasionally working in collaboration with our in-house design team.
- Writing copy lines and caption-copy when needed.
- Managing clients’ social accounts – posting on stories and feeds, writing captions and daily community management.
- Contributing with fresh and exciting social media ideas and engagement tactics, always thinking about how to use content in an innovative way to drive results for our clients.
- Attend influencer events at client venues to capture content
- Supporting our Content Producer and/or Freelance photographers on client photoshoots when required.
- Work on content for Ignite and Fuse (our tech company).
- Laptop & mobile provided
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas/NY shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working will be considered
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Pension scheme