We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Account Manager to join our well established but ever growing team! You will be responsible for managing a wide range of our clients, ensuring they feel happy, heard & we are achieving success for them.
We have clients across the world, with offices in London, Milan and Florida. We have a genuinely international outlook – with a diverse and exciting team who are passionate about what they do.
We work with an interesting mix of clients from start ups such as Citizens Of Soil (a female led olive oil business) and LIS (the first University to open in 50 years). All the way through to global giants like Meta (conceptualising the future of tech) and long term partnerships with clients like Marriott as their European brand and marketing partners.
The mainstay of our client base is with restaurants, bars, hotels, drinks brands and increasingly the entertainment sector. So if you’re passionate about food and drink, you’re in the right place.
You will be the main point of contact for these clients, so building a genuine connection & gaining their trust will be key to success in the role.
Overview of role
You will also be responsible for growth of the accounts, working with the Client Director to put in place & execute growth plans to increase revenue & spot opportunities to turn into live briefs.
The role requires a personable, organised and hugely pro-active person. Client comms and managing their requirements across a number of accounts will be a daily responsibility, so you’ll need a positive attitude and calm in-control demeanour even when working towards deadlines under considerable pressure.
You will also be required to have experience in working across a number of clients, so an ability to comfortably juggle tasks & jump between client comms should be second nature.
You’ll be working closely with the wider design, strategy, digital and development teams at Ignite, sometimes briefing them on new work, so a genuine positivity & excitement to ensure the energy of the project is passed down at all times is key! On larger projects a project manager will always be assigned to support and drive those larger elements.
A wide base of marketing knowledge is key, with digital marketing experience specifically, and enthusiasm for learning being essential to success in the role.
The role is a hybrid role, however independently holding face-to-face client meetings (in London, sometimes further afield) will be required ad-hoc.
Most importantly you need to genuinely enjoy working with people; this role is primarily about servicing our clients and involves a significant amount of time talking to them – on the phone and in person. The ideal candidate should naturally be in their comfort zone when dealing with people; able to communicate effectively with ease, provide confident client counsel, deal with difficult situations, and lead meetings independently.
The role will include:
- Day-to-day account management and liaison – being the front-facing client lead
- Strategically driving your accounts forward, prioritising delivering ROI for your client & being accountable for success of the account
- Ensuring all work is completed to agency standards
- Working closely with the project management team to ensure deadlines and scopes of work are met
- Pipeline management and driving new business through existing clients
- Planning & running quarterly meetings with clients with support from the CD
- Transmitting briefs from clients for detailed scoping and fee quotations
- Creating pitch & proposals for prospective clients
- Budget management and quarterly/annual marketing and budget planning
- Brand management and creative input
- Participating in workshops with clients centred around branding, website experiences and multi-channel campaigns
- Priority management – staying focused on big picture goals, and keeping workflows targeted for client growth
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years marketing account experience and at least 1 year at management level
- Agency experience essential
- Ability to communicate confidently with senior clients (written & verbally) and not afraid to interrogate their needs
- An all-round basic understanding of digital marketing tools & techniques – specifically paid social, paid search, organic social and website optimisation support
- Be organised, proactive with a keen eye for detail and able to work in a team
- A general interest in and genuine enthusiasm for marketing & web technology, specifically marketing in the digital space
- Fluent standard of English
- Experience working with and managing large budgets
- Dedication to gaining great ROI from our client’s budgets, being able to counsel and guide on best use of budget application
- Highly confident with commercials & reporting, in order to assist with driving KPIs and hitting client objectives
- Be open-minded, positive & sociable
- A proactive self-starter
- Hybrid working model (most come in 1-3 per week)
- Freedom to move around and work from any FORA office location in London https://www.theofficegroup.com/
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas to New Year studio shutdown
- Genuinely flexible working hours
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free access to gyms across the TOG office estate
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Pension scheme
- Regular team socials